Or make checks out to JHOP Boston and mail to:
PO Box 380815
Cambridge, MA 02238-0815
The staff of JHOP Boston are responsible to raise support in order to serve full or part-time at the house of prayer. To help fund the building of the House of Prayer or to support intercessory missionaries who sustain the house of prayer, please donate to JHOP Boston.
What is an intercessory missionary?
An intercessory missionary is a "missionary" in the sense that they dedicate their lives in service for the Lord and for others like a traditional missionary does. But rather than exclusively serving through mercy deeds, their service is first and primarily through the ministry of night and day prayer. The motivation and biblical support for an intercessory missionary comes from various passages, including:
- The words of Jesus in Luke 18:1-8, where Jesus declares that night and day prayer is the bedrock foundation to bring forth God's true justice
- The exhortation of Jesus in Matthew 9:37-38, saying: "Pray the Lord of the harvest to send forth laborers" for a great harvest of souls
- The pattern of Daniel in Daniel 10, where Daniel's fasting and prayer caused demonic powers to be pushed back
- Inspiration from Anna in Luke 2:36-38, where she fasted and prayed in the temple day and night for decades unto the first coming of Christ
- The ministry of John the Baptist as a messenger and bold proclaimer of God's Kingom values and the first coming of Christ
Credit: Joshua Hawkins
To read more, click here